In the past, grocery stores sold their products in person in physical stores. However, the digital future is here, and customers want more options, flexibility, and convenience – anytime, anywhere. That means stores need robust and comprehensive digital platforms with great shipping options.
For smaller businesses that don’t have the resources that their big box competitors do, that can be a challenge. So how do small businesses offer better shipping options to compete in the modern marketplace?
In this article, we’re going to take a look at why shipping services are essential in 2023, as well as how Local Express can help you easily provide high-quality shipping to your customers.
Why Shipping Is Essential in 2023
According to research done by GroceryDoppio/Incisiv, nearly 14% of all grocery sales now take place online. While that may still be a minority, it is a sizable portion of the market that you do not want to miss out on. For small businesses in particular, that is too big of a percentage to ignore.
Another important thing to consider is your reach. For example, if you run a Vietnamese ethnic grocery store in a major city, you’re limited to those in that city. There are lots of people who live outside that area who don’t have access to those specialized products. If you have shipping options, you can expand your reach to customers beyond your geographic area.
Modern customers also want flexibility. Even customers who live miles from your store may want the option to get something shipped. Whether they’re sick, don’t feel like going out, don’t live close enough, or don’t have the time, modern customers want options when it comes to how they purchase and receive goods.
How Local Express Can Help
Setting up an online store with shipping options can be challenging, especially for small business owners who aren’t experienced in web design or tech. For many, the task seems impossible, leading them to sign up with popular online grocery platforms.
However, 3rd-party marketplace platforms come with a plethora of downsides. They charge high fees, limit customization, make changes a hassle, make shipping a pain, and more. With these issues present, it can feel like you’re out of options and stuck with what you have.
Thankfully, Local Express is here to help small businesses set up their online store, provide customers with the shipping options they want, and make it all easier for you at the same time. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of choosing Local Express:
Advantages of Local Express
- Lower fees. Your profits should be yours, which is why we take less than the major online marketplace platforms. Our prices are mostly fixed with a small transaction processing fee.
- Multiple delivery & shipping options. Whether you and your customers need a pick-up, same-day/last-mile delivery, or shipping, we can provide it.
- We have our own integrated shipping module. You can ship with all of the top companies in one place, that way you don’t have to waste time logging into different platforms.
- We have a driver delivery app with real-time tracking. Many businesses are enjoying the money saved by providing their own delivery in-house, and we make that easier than ever. Plus you’ll get real-time tracking for deliveries!
- We can help with special deliveries. If you have a product that requires special delivery—like catered food, alcohol, or dry iced meat—we are ready to get it shipped.
- Shipping is integrated with inventory. Unlike most other grocery platforms, we integrate inventory directly with shipping, making it much easier to track and record.
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
Ready to take your shipping services to the next level and provide customers with the options they want? Then get started with Local Express today! Just follow these three easy steps, and you’ll be shipping your products in no time.
- Get a free trial with Local Express. We’re happy to provide free trials, that way you can see how great our services are before making a commitment.
- Set up a shipping account with your preferred shipping company. It doesn’t matter if you use USPS, UPS, or FedEx – we are prepared to make shipping easy thanks to our integrated shipping module.
- Consult with Local Express to optimize your store and shipping options. We want to ensure that you and your customers get the best results possible, so we optimize our services for your stores as much as possible.
Don’t wait—start your free trial with Local Express now!